Branch accessories are intended for branching from steel, asbestos cement and ductile iron pipes into PE pipes without gas leaks. It is used for service lines, grid branching and “by-pass” operations.
Using Torre® branch accessories has noticeable advantages:
- Under pressure operations with highest safety.
- Shortened operation time.
- Installing in difficult access places and in every position.
- Easy service lines cancellation.
- Small storage space required: straps are delivered before bending.
Branch accessories are designed for outlet PE pipe 63 mm (SDR 17,6 and SDR 11 – on request) and for steel, asbestos cement and ductile iron pipes with outer diameters from 110 to 335 mm.
Branch accessories are installed using Drilling Equipment (EP16) specifically designed by Grupo Torre. Equipment includes a fixed torque wrench allowing for proper connector/pipe tightening.
Besides inner seal, Torre® branch accessories have double o-rings and an external fitting that ensure highest tightness in under pressure branching operations.
This system fully complies with ES.03048.ES-CN “Under charge branch collar for rigid pipes ≤ 0.4 bar” following GNF.